Check out this great video of our operation.
1. Look Before You Buy. Our primary mission is to provide the highest quality stocker fish available. For us, "It's All About The Fish!". We have an extensive open-air fish facility with many tanks, vats, and ponds, where you can browse, shop, look at fish, ask questions, etc. Unlike most of our competition, here at Overton Fisheries you can see the product before you buy. Fish feeders and aeration systems are on display and in current operation here for you to see.
2. Exclusive Fish Strains, Overall High-Quality Fish, and Wide Variety. We take our genetics program very seriously, aiming to produce exclusive strains, like our Lone Star Legacy Bass, OTS Coppernose Bluegill, Black/Gold Mozambique Tilapia, and D&B Blue Catfish. We also provide non-conventional stocking options such as Hybrid Stripers and Rainbow Trout.
3. Highest Quality Products. We offer the highest quality fishery management products on the market. You get what you pay for. Don't spend good money after bad, purchase a solid, high-quality, industry tested product from the get-go. We have products on demo.
4. Higher Education and Experience. Our staff is well-educated, also with a broad spectrum of experience and knowledge about many aspects of aquaculture and fishery management. Since 1998.
5. Convenience. Our fish farm is conveniently located between Dallas and Houston on I-45. Many clients find it convenient that they can stop by our location to pick up fish, products, fish food, herbicides, etc. Our direct delivery service offers convenience as well, allowing you to schedule your fish delivery on a day that works for you and leaving all of the work to us.
6. Highly Trained, Friendly, and Courteous Staff.
7. The Unique Fish Farm Experience. Visiting a fish farm is truly a unique experience. Purchasing live fish in the open air market setting that we provide is fun for the whole family, and allows for you to visually inspect the product before the purchase and as we count and package fish for transport. A lot of our pond and lake management products are also here at work on our farm for demo.
8. We are Proud to be Texans. Keep your business in Texas.
9. Price, Value, Experience. We keep our prices competitive, and we believe that your experience doing business with Overton Fisheries will add value to your fisheries management journey.
10. Quality Guarantee. Ask our customers. If you have issues with our products or stocker fish then we address the problem and take care of it. Your business and your word of mouth referrals are very important to us.
Book your private appointment to come out and fish for several different species including channel and blue catfish, rainbow trout (Dec-April), hybrid stripers, largemouth bass, bluegill, and tilapia.
No license is required to fish at Overton Fisheries. If your booking was for up to 4 people then you can keep 5 catfish (blue or channel up to 30") and 5 trout. If your booking was for up to 8 people then you can keep up to 10 catfish (blue or channel up to 30") and 10 trout.
Booking your day fishing permit is simple. Simply use the tool in the bookings section below. We will send a paypal money request within 24 hours of receiving your booking. Bookings can not be cancelled, but they can be rescheduled if we receive notification withing 48 hours of your appointment.
This is the perfect opportunity for youngsters, and for many reasons. Consider this as a birthday event or gift. Here there is realistic potential to catch many species on the same day.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
19367 IH 45 S, Buffalo, Texas
12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
The Live Fish Market is open with morning summer hours. Pre-orders are recommended. This is, and always has been, a mask-free zone.