Check out this great video of our operation.
1. Look Before You Buy. Our primary mission is to provide the highest quality stocker fish available. For us, "It's All About The Fish!". We have an extensive open-air fish facility with many tanks, vats, and ponds, where you can browse, shop, look at fish, ask questions, etc. Unlike most of our competition, here at Overton Fisheries you can see the product before you buy. Fish feeders and aeration systems are on display and in current operation here for you to see.
2. Exclusive Fish Strains, Overall High-Quality Fish, and Wide Variety. We take our genetics program very seriously, aiming to produce exclusive strains, like our Lone Star Legacy Bass, OTS Coppernose Bluegill, Black/Gold Mozambique Tilapia, and D&B Blue Catfish. We also provide non-conventional stocking options such as Hybrid Stripers and Rainbow Trout.
3. Highest Quality Products. We offer the highest quality fishery management products on the market. You get what you pay for. Don't spend good money after bad, purchase a solid, high-quality, industry tested product from the get-go. We have products on demo.
4. Higher Education and Experience. Our staff is well-educated, also with a broad spectrum of experience and knowledge about many aspects of aquaculture and fishery management. Since 1998.
5. Convenience. Our fish farm is conveniently located between Dallas and Houston on I-45. Many clients find it convenient that they can stop by our location to pick up fish, products, fish food, herbicides, etc. Our direct delivery service offers convenience as well, allowing you to schedule your fish delivery on a day that works for you and leaving all of the work to us.
6. Highly Trained, Friendly, and Courteous Staff.
7. The Unique Fish Farm Experience. Visiting a fish farm is truly a unique experience. Purchasing live fish in the open air market setting that we provide is fun for the whole family, and allows for you to visually inspect the product before the purchase and as we count and package fish for transport. A lot of our pond and lake management products are also here at work on our farm for demo.
8. We are Proud to be Texans. Keep your business in Texas.
9. Price, Value, Experience. We keep our prices competitive, and we believe that your experience doing business with Overton Fisheries will add value to your fisheries management journey.
10. Quality Guarantee. Ask our customers. If you have issues with our products or stocker fish then we address the problem and take care of it. Your business and your word of mouth referrals are very important to us.
Nothing at all. Our fish are packed in heavy duty double bags and cardboard boxes, sealed with oxygen. We provide these "live boxes" at $8 ea. During the extreme heat we recommend hauling fish in cab with A/C. Some folks bring totes or coolers, but these often don't have a lid, allowing stressful sun exposure, and they take up a lot of space. Some folks bring their own livewell. We do not provide any arrive-alive guarantees for folks who use their own livewell systems.
We can pack fish for most any transport duration, just depends on how many we pack per live box. We regularly pack fish for up to 6-8 hours of transport time. Just let us know your transport time and use our bagging system, and you get our arrive-alive guarantee.
To inquire about or to place an order for delivery, please contact Walt at 940-531-2476. Minimum order to qualify for delivery service is $1750 worth of fish.
To inquire about to to place an order for pickup at our market, please contact Todd Overton at 979-571-9481. Text msg preferred.
We do not have an on-line platform for processing fish orders.
To order individual bags of feed, you can use our online store. To order bulk feed, please contact Walt or Todd Overton.
No. 3rd party carriers do not provide a guarantee for any live animal shipments, even if they arrive late. Heavy overnight air packages are very expensive to ship, and the risk of loss is significant. No exceptions.
There is no one size fits all program for ponds. Every scenario is unique. First, start by setting major long term goals for your fishery. We can help you to set the needed short term goals to achieve your long-term vision.
Here is a link to our Fish Pricing & Availability. We try to keep this list updated, but please contact us with any specific inquiries before making the trip.